Fundraise for us
You too can raise money for Canberran’s in need, this could be through organising your own fundraising event, collecting donations in celebration or in memory of someone, placing donation tins at home, in your business or shop. There are many ways you could help us raise funds. We’ve listed a few ideas below:
- Host an event and invite friends and family to buy a ticket to that event. This could be a lunch, bbq, ball, trivia night, cocktail party or screening of a movie.
- A sport challenge: Join an existing competition, set up a local walk, run, cycle or swim course to challenge family, friends and neighbors or organise an ‘-athon’ for example a walk-a-thon to raising funds for your community.
- Get your neighbourhood, school, or workplace involved and organise a bake sale.
- Have friends and family sponsor you to give something up.
- Ask for donations instead of gifts for your birthday, wedding or other special occasion.
- Put a donation tin in your shop, business or home to help us raise funds. We will supply you with our logo.
- Remember your loved one by asking family and friends for donations instead of flowers.
- Collect donations for Hands Across Canberra at your event ie. bucket collections, raffle or auction.