Why Give? (Canberra Stats)
The ACT is generally perceived as a relatively well-off community but the extent of the need is not really appreciated.
Did you know?
- 10.7% of ACT households are low-income households
- There are more than 1,300 homeless people in the ACT
- The ACT Government is directly responsible for the care of around 550 children each year
- 11,600 young people (up to the age of 25) have caring responsibilities (1 in 10)
- 11,300 people in the ACT have severe or profound disabilities
- One in four young people will experience a mental health problem in any 12-month period