Project Support Grant Application
2018 PROJECT SUPPORT OPENS
The Board of Hands Across Canberra is pleased to announce the opening of the 2018 project support grant funding round. Local charities and community organisations are encouraged to apply for a project support grant to assist the great work they do in our community. All charities and community organisations registered with Hands Across Canberra are eligible to apply.
Hands Across Canberra has been working in Canberra for a number of years and its role is to encourage Canberrans to think about being generous locally. To help our large community sector get access to much needed funds the Board of Hands Across Canberra raises money which is then allocated to those community organisations doing great work with our most vulnerable people.
In 2018, community organisations are encouraged to apply for project support of up to $10,000. In exceptional circumstances larger grants may be considered. In consulting with the community sector the Board has developed a list of priorities for assistance. The areas of priority attention are listed below but any worthy application will be considered. The community organisations and charities which Hands Across Canberra works with know your sectors best and we welcome any application for assistance.
Applications close of Monday 21 May 2018 and to assist organisations in preparing your application Hands Across Canberra is holding a workshop in conjunction with ACTCOSS on Wednesday 2 May at 1.00 at the ACTCOSS office in Weston. Register here
- At risk young people/family safety issues/cultural and social cohesion, inclusion for new migrant groups;
- Access to risk protection/ access to loans/financial counselling;
- Precariously employed;
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community programs, and innovative indigenous enterprises;
- Adolescent mental health;
- Migrant and Refugee emergency relief following Federal Government visa changes (in collaboration with migrant resource agencies);
- Vulnerable older women; and
- Capacity building of community organisations and Social Enterprises.
2018 Terms and Conditions.pdf [PDF Document, 85.37 KB]
2018 Project Support Grant Application Form.docx [Word Document, 176.09 KB]
Project Support Grant Workshop
Where: ACT Council of Social Service Inc. (ACTCOSS) Building
When: Wednesday 2 May 2018, 1pm
Duration: 2 hours with light refreshments
Charities need to be strong and sustainable to allow them to continuously provide their invaluable services to our local communities. This workshop will give your organisation all the information you need to access important funding.
Get information from experienced grant writers about the skills, tips and techniques that will help your local community organisation submit grant applications to a variety of providers, with the best chance of being successful.
This workshop will help you make sense of complex jargon, identifying the requirements of the application and more!
Examples of projects we've supported
Since 2010, we have donated over $280,000 to 39 community projects.
Some of the great, local organisations we have supported since 2010 include:
- Karinya House: A grant of $10,000 supported the introduction of a designated Caseworker to focus on supporting women who have experienced domestic violence.
- Mustard Seed United Food Garden: A grant of $5000 assisted in the establishment of The Mustard Seen Uniting Food Pantry at Gungahlin Uniting Church and Community Centre.
- Safe Shelter: $5000 was provided to help Safe Shelter pay for upgrades to permit overnight use of churches for shelter during Canberra’s winters.
- Menslink: A grant of $9,200 helped expand capacity in the mentoring program by 66 per cent, providing more positive male role models for young men.
- Hartley lifecare: $5000 provided an opportunity to carry out essential planning, scoping, research and modelling work.